Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Enough

Enough
The haze of lonely, difficult days
As I try to piece back together my brokenness
This foreign world of being on my own
Love lost. He told me I wasn't enough.
Because he didn't believe he was.


Enough
Skeptically I look at my form
Still soft, but more fleshy than I remember
A body that bore babies, and bore illness
The glancing looks tell me it's not enough
From people that don't believe they are

Enough
Trying to keep my cool
The early wakeup calls and constant needs
Pinterest fails and emotional crashes
Mommy blogs tell me I'm not enough
Words from women struggling to believe they are

Enough
You call me forth. Life bringer.
Worth far deeper than my failed attempts
You called me so, I feel the knowing.
Because to you I am always enough
I have begun to believe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment