Thursday, July 14, 2016

Breastmilk Jewelry from Post Bedtime Creations


For many mothers the years spent breastfeeding their babies represent some of the most meaningful of their child rearing years. Breastfeeding can be sweet, difficult, intimate, stressful and ordinary and can mean different things to different people, but most would say it meant something significant. So, is it any surprise some women want to have a keepsake of remembrance for this period of life? 

Enter, breastmilk jewelry. A beautiful and sentimental way to remember the intimate nourishing blessing of breastfeeding.

There are many ways to make breastmilk jewelry, but most artisans dry, shape and then resin coat the final product. The final pearlescent white or yellowish white bead or design is then worn as a necklace, ring or other type of jewelry. In addition, dried placenta, hair or ashes sometimes feature in jewelry.

A few months ago I teamed up with Post Bedtime Creations, one of these well-versed artisans, to try her jewelry. She provided the pieces shown at no cost to me, but I did have to wait a long while due to her extensive customer list and didn’t get my choice of pattern. The final result was beautiful, and she even included an identical copy of the pendant for my daughter.



The ring is breastmilk only. The pendant is breastmilk with a background of placenta ashes.
Check out her other designs on her website here: http://post-bedtime-creations.myshopify.com/ and follow her facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/postbedtimecreations/ 

22 comments:

  1. i am to write an assignment on this and i must say it is a perspective we must bring to light more. i am really glad i got to read your blog. keep writing you are absolutely amazing. and i am sure i will be visiting again

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, any metal may need cleaning now and then to remove dirt, soil, or soap film, as may gems.my name necklace

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm satisfied i found this web web site, I couldn't discover any expertise in this matter previous to.also function a domain and in case you are ever inquisitive about doing a little visitor writing for me if viable sense loose to permit me know, im always look for people to test out my internet web site. connexionrepublic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future... J Brandt

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is our free gold guide to beautiful heart jewelry. We hope that you enjoy this journey into the incorporation of gold into our beautiful jewelry items.my name necklace

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. https://www.teno.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The post is composed in exceptionally a decent way and it contains numerous valuable data for me. steelblaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. watches buying guide

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great post. I just discovered your web journal and needed to say that I have truly delighted in perusing your blog entries. Any way I'll be subscribing to your food and I trust you post again soon. Huge much obliged for the helpful information. Cremation Bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being the equivalent word of "shocking adornments", Nakshatra loaded ladies turn into the idea of each dialog. So Buddha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! Lab Made Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about. http://edsheeran-tour.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I think that its exceptionally fascinating and instructive..
    Penelopes Promise Rings for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pearl jewelries are one sort of jewelries I'll recommend here in this article. Certainly, pearls, no matter in phrases of their shade or texture, are the perfect match of feminine disposition. solitaire bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. Company registration

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice post and right to the point. also, see other posts really good content I find here. Thank you.
    shot blasting machine
    shot blasting
    sand blasting
    sand blasting machine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing such a great information but we are India's best service provider of SBI Kiosk Banking - NICTCSP. For more details visit :- http://nictcsp.org/

    sbi kiosk
    sbi csp
    sbi csp list

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing such a great information. Here NICTCSPBC is the best service provider of SBI Kiosk Banking in India which provides the best services of Kiosk Banking at reliable prices to their customers.

    Csp registration
    Csp apply

    ReplyDelete